Handling my Parent’s Divorce
Right now I am having abit of a hard time. My parents are going through a divorce and I maybe a little impatient.
How can I be a better daughter?
Wa ‘alaikumus salaam wa rahmatullahi wa barkaatuh
This is indeed a great challenge. May Allah Ta‘ala make it easy and remove every difficulty with ease.
Depending on how you handle it, a difficult situation can become much worse or despite the challenge, be something you can manage and take in the stride.
If you react in anger, or negatively to either of your parents, you will escalate the problem for yourself. Therefore totally refrain from this.
Do the following and insha-Allah you will see the difference:
1. Daily make salaatul haajah and very earnestly make du‘aa.
2. Deal with both parents with the best akhlaaq (good character). This is a very great ‘ibaadat and the heaviest good deed in the scales on the Day of Qiyaamah.
3. Give them small gifts regularly.
4. Occasionally send some nicely worded messages of affection.
5. Give some sadaqah on their behalf whenever you can.
6. Serve both as much as you can.
May Allah Ta‘ala make it easy for you and grant you strength.
Uswatul Muslimah Panel of ‘Ulama