Four Signs of Good Fortune
Assalaam mu alikum
Please forward me the source of this Hadith?
(a) Having a virtuous wife.
(b) Being able to earn one’s livelihood in one’s city.
(c) Being in the company of virtuous people.
(d) Having a spacious accommodation, i.e. being able to return home after one’s work. [Hadith]
There are several ahaadith that highlight the signs of good fortune.
The four that you have quoted are found separately in two narrations, both of them are authentic.
1. Narrated Saeed Ibn Abi Waqqaas (May Allah be pleased with him), reported Rasullalah (sallalhu alai hi was salam) SAID, “there are four signs of good fortune:
1. A pious wife
2. A spacious home
3. A pious neighbour
4. And a suitable means of transport.
(Sahih ibn Hibban, Hadith: 4032)
2. Narrated Ali RadhiyAllahu anhu , reported that Rasullalah (sallahu alaihi was salam) SAID, “The following four things are signs of a fortunate person:
1. A compatible wife.
2. Children that are obedient
3. Pious friends and associates
4. And his livelihood is in his hometown
(Musnad Ishaq Ibn Rahuyah with a reliable set of narrators. See Mukhtasar Al Ithaaf of Busiri, hadith 3712 & kitabul Ikhwaan of Ibn Abid, dunya, hadith 54.)